Whilst studying PE you will learn about keeping healthy & fit as well as the systems within the body that are developed when exercising.
The subject also provides an overview of the socioeconomic factors affecting sport as well as sports psychology.
PE is a great subject to study if you want a career in a sports related field.
This could be anything from a sports coach to a physiotherapist to a personal trainer.
Science subjects fit well with PE, particularly if you are interested in studying sports science or psychology in the future.
Selection of jobs using the subject PE
- Events manager
- Health trainer
- Leisure centre manager
- Outdoor activities instructor
- PE teacher
- Personal trainer
- Play therapist
- Primary school teacher
- Sport and exercise psychologist
- Sports agent
- Sports coach
- Sports commentator
- Sports development officer
- Sports physiotherapist
- Sports professional
- Sports scientist
- Swimming teacher
- Yoga teacher
Do a free, short, online course to find out more about PE (looks great on your CV too!)
- Coaching the mental game
- Major sport events: Winning through diversity and inclusion
- The science of endurance training and performance
Or view other free online courses in sports
Examples of apprenticeships that relate to PE:
- Community Sport and Health Officer - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length:16 months
- Leisure Duty Manager - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length:18 months
- Personal Trainer - Level:3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E). Typical length: 15 months
- Physiotherapist (degree) - Level:6 (equivalent to a bachelor's degree). Typical length: 48 months
Click to find apprenticeship vacancies available now related to PE
Examples of degree courses that relate to PE:
BBC Bitesize Career Videos
You can watch a great series of videos of young people who are working in jobs that use PE on the BBC Bitesize website.