If you value creativity, there are lots of ways you can use this in life and work. Imagine a world without creativity, wouldn’t it be dull? Being creative is about expressing yourself, using your imagination, coming up with new ideas and having a creative approach to problem solving. Whether you enjoy drawing, designing and making things, coming up with new ideas or performing - creativity can be so rewarding to you personally but really useful in lots of jobs.
Selection of jobs using the value of I want to be creative in my working life
Explore more jobs and job sectors
Check out more than 800 other job profiles, the above list is just a selection of jobs where creativity will be greatly valued, there will be loads more!
These job sectors might be good places to start if you want to be creative in your working life, click on the job profiles to find out the details of creative jobs.
How creativity helps you develop skills for working life
Being creative is not just about being artistic or coming up with new scientific discoveries - its about how we develop problem solving skills that we can use in all aspects of our lives.
- Getting creative is good for peoples' health - Trying a new creative activity for just ten minutes a day has been shown to boost your mood, reduce stress, enable people to express themselves and build their confidence. If you are a creative person you could help others get the benefits of participating in a creative activity through work.
- Creative Skills will boost your employability chances into the future - Employers really value people who can demonstrate creative skills, and these skills are less likely to be replaced by computers in the future!
- You can develop creativity skills - It doesn't matter what your creative skills are like at the moment - you can build on them. You can either focus on getting even better at something you enjoy or try something new.
What strengths do creative people have to offer?
Creativity means more than just drawing or making something. These are strengths you can develop by getting creative.
Which of these do you already have to offer?
1. Flexible thinking - are you able to come up with more than one idea or solution to a problem? Are you able to change direction if something isn't working?
2. Being curious about the world around you - such as asking questions and discovering how things work.
3. Having a positive attitude - is essential for coming up with ideas and helps you overcome difficulties.
4. Determination - to be able to turn your thoughts and ideas into an actual piece of art, event or business.
5. Self Belief! - to know your ideas are worthwhile and to keep going.
How you can develop your creative skills
You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” — Maya Angelou [author]
Get creative has hundreds of free activities for you to try to get you inspired with everything from creative coding, drawing, photography, singing etc.
Looking for new techniques to boost your creativity? - watch these films on BBC Ideas
Seven tips to boost your creativity and unleash your hidden creative!
Build your essential skills, including Creativity with Skills Builder Launchpad.
Further Information on Creative Careers
Discover Creative Careers - over 570 careers featured to give you more ideas of creative jobs that might suit you!
Screenskills- careers in film, games, fashion, TV and VFX including courses and apprenticeships
Other Careerpilot tools you can use to find jobs that suit you
Do the Job Quiz and see what sectors match what you want from work.
Do the Skills Profile to see what skills you have now and save them to talk about on applications
Search for courses and apprenticeships related to creative