What is a Free School?
Free Schools are new independent state-funded schools.
They are often set up by groups of parents, teachers, charities, existing schools or other organisations to respond to a need for a new school in their community.
There are Free Schools for primary and secondary age pupils but they are only available in certain places.
Free Schools in the South West:
- Bristol Free School
- Exeter Mathematics School
- North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College
- Plymouth School of Creative Arts
- Route 39 Academy (Devon)
- Salisbury 6th Form College
- Steiner Academy Bristol
- Steiner Academy Exeter
- Steiner Academy Frome
- The Swanage School
Free schools in Thames Valley:
- Khalsa Secondary Academy
- Sir Thomas Freemantle School
- Bicester Technology Studio Oxfordshire Bicester
- Europa School UK Oxfordshire Abingdon
- Heyford Park Free School Oxfordshire Upper Heyford
- Space Studio Banbury Oxfordshire Banbury
- Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
- The WREN School Reading
- Ditton Park Academy Slough
- Eden Girls' School, Slough
- Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy, Slough
- Holyport College, Windsor and Maidenhead
- Oakbank, Wokingham