Skip to content

Higher education at 18+

Money for higher education

Money for Higher Education

Most people borrow the money to pay for Higher Education tuition fees and living costs through a loan from Student Finance England.

You do not start making any payments until you are earning over £25000 per year. So if for example you were earning £30,000 per year you would pay back £37.50 per month.

For more information about what help is available, eligibility and how to apply for student finance.

Scholarships, Grants & Bursaries

Many colleges and universities offer financial scholarships, grants and bursaries to students who meet specific criteria. So look at their websites for more information.

Scholarships are also advertised on the Scholarship Hub.

For more information about scholarships, bursaries and loans

Employer sponsorship

Depending on what you are interested in studying you might find that some employers will help fund your degree through an employer sponsored degree.

You could also consider a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship where you do a degree whilst you are working without any fees.

Disabled Students Allowance

If you currently get extra support at school, you could be entitled to claim additional support for higher education. This allowance is called Disabled Students Allowance and exists to cover the study-related costs you have at higher education, because of a mental health problem, long term illness, specific learning difficulty or any other disability. Find out more here.

Part time Study

Or you consider part time degree study with reduced fees whist working such as studying through the Open University. For more information about the loans for part time study.

To save or view your choices and results you must sign in or register (takes 1 minute).

Sign in Register