Back to main Careerpilot website

All questions

How can I get help and support for my child who has a special need or disability

As part of the Children and Families Act 2014, all Local Authorities are required to publish a Local Offer of the support and services they expect to be available for children and young people aged 0 – 25, from children and young people with a low level of special educational need or disability, through to the most complex needs.

The Local Offer must also provide information on the changes to Special Educational Needs and Disability legislation as part of the Children and Families Act. These changes are some of the biggest in 30 years and aim to make the process more joined-up, personalised and so young people and families do not have to repeat their story to different agencies or teams.

Careerpilot has a section on Disability Support and this is also where you can find out more about the Local Offer in your Local Authority area

More Information:

Preparing for Adulthood has information on helping prepare young people for employment

The government has produced easy read guides for parents/carers and their children

A site for adults wanting to get back into learning

Take a look