Are you interested in providing up to the minute information in interesting ways through social media?
Would you like to use verbal and written communication skills to articulate your ideas to colleagues and clients?
Have you some experience using social media?
Then a job in this sector could be for you.
- Digital Marketing is a sales and marketing role focused on raising the visibility of a company or a brand to increase sales.
- There are lots of jobs in digital marketing with 153,000 people employed in the industry.
- Nearly a quarter of people in this sector are self employed.
- Although over half of the jobs are based in London, there is a growing digital marketing cluster of companies in Bristol and the South West.
Routes into this sector:
- GCSEs in English and maths are a good starting point. Other useful subjects include; art and design, computer science or business studies.
- At 16 you could do A levels, which are general academic subjects or develop your knowledge and skills for this sector through an apprenticeship or a vocational qualification.
- At 18 or 19 you could do a higher education/degree level course, with 8 out of 10 A Level students choosing this pathway and half of all BTEC National students. However there are also other routes into your chosen career - through apprenticeships and vocational qualifications.
There are apprenticeship routes into this sector and also through vocational qualifications on offer through colleges. For some roles like forensic psychologist you will need a degree.
Use the Course Search
Use the relevant search options on our Course Search to find college and university courses as well as vacancies for apprenticeships.
More help finding Courses and Training
- People get into these jobs with a range of different related and non related qualifications. You can find out more about some of the relevant qualifications in this sector at Creative Skillset.
- To find out whether there is an apprenticeship training course related to digital marketing and social media that might suit you.
- To search for an apprenticeship vacancies available now related to social media, across England (you need a vacancy to be able to apply)
- To find apprenticeship vacancies near you (there are other ways to look for an apprenticeship too).
- To find a vocational course related to social media at a college (also check the college's website to get the latest list of courses)
- To find an university level course related to social media
Do a free, short online courses to find out more[ looks great on your CV too!]
Futurelearn have lots of free, short, online courses that will improve your knowledge of this sector and improve your chances of landing your dream job. Check out courses related to digital marketing/ social media.