Technical Level Qualifications
What are Tech Levels?
Technical Level qualifications (Tech Levels):
- Are Level 3 qualifications (equivalent to A levels);
- Lead to a recognised occupation;
- Have support from professional bodies and employers.
They lead to recognised occupations, for example in engineering, IT, accounting or professional cookery.
Many Higher Education Institutions have also pledged support for Tech Levels.
Who are they for?
They are for students wishing to specialise in a technical occupation or occupational group. Technical Level qualifications (Tech Levels) are for 16-year-old students who have a clear idea about the occupation they wish to pursue. They are vocational courses and aim to equip students with the specialist knowledge they will need for a specific occupation.
Students who take one or more Tech Levels, a Maths qualification at Level 3 and undertake an Extended Project can achieve the Technical Baccalaureate.
What Tech Levels are available?
There are approved Tech Levels in the following sectors...
- Agriculture, Horticulture & Animal Care
- Arts, Media & Publishing
- Business, Administration & Law
- Child Development & Wellbeing
- Construction, Planning & the Built Environment
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Health & Social Care
- Information & Communication Technology
- Sport, Leisure & Recreation
- Retail, Hospitality & Commercial Enterprise