How to do it, what you get.
Free access in most of the South of England
If you are a school or college in the whole of the SW and most of the SE (not Kent or Sussex) then access to Careerpilot and all associated web tools (apart from the Pathway Planner) is free.
Careerpilot (apart from the Pathway Planner) is free to schools and colleges in the following Uni Connect areas - Future Quest, Study Higher, SUN, GROWS, WIN and Next Steps SW.
You can check whether your school or college is in the free-to-use region by typing your provider into the school drop down in registration - home page top right.
The reason the site is free-to-use in this region is because 20 universities and 6 Uni Connect projects pay subscriptions to fund this.
Subscribing if you are outside the South of England if you are a school
If you are outside the free-to-use area you can still access Careerpilot and all associated web tools, for an annual subscription (apart from the Pathway Planner which is an additional charge) of £599 per annum, to use with as many students from Y7 - Y13 as you like.
From September 2021 this will also include some exciting additions - a bulk upload option so you can register a whole year group at a time, access to a new 'subscribers only' area of the Adviser Zone, with even more useful materials to support implementation and meet Gatsby, and access to a closed Facebook group so you can get the latest careers related information from the Careerpilot Team.
If you would like the Pathway Planner to be included in your subscription, the full costs for both Careerpilot and the Pathway Planner will be £799.
Subscribing if you are outside the South of England if you are a college
If you are a college and would like to subscribe:
You can subscribe for £900 per annum (excluding the Pathway Planner)
If you would like the Pathway Planner to be included in your subscription, the full costs for both Careerpilot and the Pathway Planner will be £1250 per annum.
What is Careerpilot?
Careerpilot is a one-stop career website for students (11-19 year olds), teachers, tutors, Career Leaders, parents & carers and career advisers.
Careerpilot has 4 zones: Student, Adviser, Parent and Reporting.
The content of the website and tools are developed by the Careerpilot Team, based at the University of Bath. We are all qualified Level 6 careers advisers (Louise is Level 7) and some of us are ex-teachers, Career Leaders.
What does a school or college get for their subscription?
- Access to all the tools and resources available in the 4 Zones apart from the Pathway Planner (this can be purchased at an additional cost)
- Access to all our training webinars
- Access to great resources that will help with Gatsby - including subject specific resources for G4 (23 for KS4 and new ones soon for KS5), 5 week PHSE programmes for every year group, 20 minute activities to use in tutor time, 30 Hot Jobs in different formats for you to use, online lessons for all year groups, etc.
- Access to the Super User process- schools/colleges can become Super Users by meeting 4 criteria and then they get extra resources and preferential access.
- You become part of the Careerpilot user group and can contribute to how the site should be developed.
How can I subscribe to Careerpilot?
Get in touch with the Careerpilot Helpline which operates every day in term time between 9am and 3pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete the form below and we will be in touch.