How to do it, what you get.
Four Zones—to meet the career needs of different audiences
Careerpilot is an award-winning, one-stop careers site for students, parents and teachers. Careerpilot has 4 zones. Careerpilot can be used by students from Y7 – Y13 and in colleges.
Careerpilot aims to help students develop career skills so they can manage their career decisions as they go through life. We do this through showing students the three-stages they can always follow whenever they make a careers decision. With tools they can use at every stage. The site also includes information and advice on all progression pathways.
Career Tools enable students to personalise their choices, save quiz results and build their report - which moves up annually and can be 'ported' to another provider.
Students can access their account until they are 21.
Free access to the Student and Parent Zones is available across the UK
Your students can access all the information in the Careerpilot site. If you are a subscriber, students will be able to add themselves to your school or college at registration (your provider's name will be added to the drop-down list) and all the data they generate as they build their Career Tools report will be available for you to view in the Reporting Zone.
Parents have free access to the Parent Zone - which has answers to questions parents are frequently asking.
Free access to all 4 Careerpilot Zones is available in some areas - the whole of the SW and some of the SE:
If you are a school or college in the whole of the SW and some of the SE (not Dorset, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent or Sussex) then access to all 4 zones of Careerpilot and all associated web tools (apart from the Pathway Planner) will be free.
You can check whether your school or college is in the free-to-use region by contacting the Careerpilot Helpline email@example.com
The reason the site is free-to-use in this region is because 14 universities and 5 Uni Connect projects pay subscriptions to fund this.
Subscribing to the Reporting and Adviser Zone Members' Area if you are not in the free access area:
If you are outside the free-to-use area you can still access Careerpilot and all associated web tools, for an annual subscription (apart from the Pathway Planner which is an additional charge) of £599 per annum (£250 for special schools), to use with as many students from Y7 - Y13 as you like.
From September 2021 this will also include some exciting additions - a bulk upload option so you can register a whole year group at a time, a Start with your Values, entry point and even more useful materials to support implementation, meet Gatsby, etc.
If you would like the Pathway Planner to be included in your subscription, the full costs for both Careerpilot and the Pathway Planner will be £799, (£350 for special schools).
Subscribing if you are a college
If you are a college and would like to subscribe:
You can subscribe for £900 per annum (excluding the Pathway Planner)
If you would like the Pathway Planner to be included in your subscription, the full costs for both Careerpilot and the Pathway Planner will be £1250 per annum.
What does a school or college get for their subscription?
- Access to all the tools and resources available in the 4 Zones apart from the Pathway Planner (this can be purchased at an additional cost)
- Your school will be added to the list so that when your students register they can add themselves to your school/ college and then you will be able to see all data and reports generated when they use the Career Tools - useful in supporting students to effective progression and to meet Gatsby.
- All staff and career guidance advisers with access can add a record of their report, planned actions and career conversations to a student account so this can be viewed by the student and staff - so they can support students on the career journey.
- The full Career Tools report and Adviser/staff comments can be downloaded and sent to a parents/tutor.
- Access to all our training webinars
- Access to great resources through the Adviser Zone Members' Area that will help with Gatsby - including subject specific resources for G4 (23 for KS4 and new ones soon for KS5), 5 week PHSE programmes for every year group, 20 minute activities to use in tutor time, 30 Hot Jobs in different formats for you to use, online lessons for all year groups, etc.
- Access to the Super User process- schools/colleges can become Super Users by meeting 4 criteria and then they get extra resources and preferential access to live career webinars for parents e.g choices at 18, etc.
- You become part of the Careerpilot user group and can contribute to how the site should be developed.
How can I subscribe to Careerpilot?
Get in touch with the Careerpilot Helpline firstname.lastname@example.org, which operates every day in term time between 9am and 3pm or email email@example.com or complete the form below and we will be in touch.