Employer and Education Engagement
These checklists have been developed by the West of England Business in Schools Network to provide some context and support education and employers working together.
- Map student experience so the educational establishment has an overview of each student experience
- Have a nominated Key contact person to co-ordinate business engagement – with a support person on each activity in case of an emergency
- Senior leadership support enhances the engagement – businesses appreciate a Senior Leader speaking to them and thanking them for their support
- Ensure there is regular /ongoing clear communication with businesses
- Have clear procedures with a timeline for planning before, during and after the event. When asking for employer support initially target 6 weeks notice
- Have an understanding of the age, ability and experience of the young people and prepare and deliver accordingly
- Recognise the CPD opportunity for business staff and how it supports their job and promotion/pathways
- Provide schools/colleges with pressure calendar dates for engagement to be avoided
- Celebrate internally and mention on the company website
- Use in bids for contracts – always good to show community support
Why Does Employer Engagement Matter?
A tool-kit for managing employer activites in schools and colleges.