Hot Jobs Graphics and Resources
These resources have been designed to help schools and colleges inform parents about careers and job growth areas, and to meet the Gatsby 2 benchmark 'learning from career and labour market information'.
The data in the Hot Jobs comes from LMI for All, this is an online data portal funded by the Department for Education. It brings together existing national sources of high quality labour market information (LMI) that can inform people’s choices about their careers. LMI for All includes information from key datasets from, for example, the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the Department for Education and HESA.
The data is a prediction of future employment, therefore, it might not reflect immediate changes in the job market caused by the pandemic.
Each Hot Jobs pack includes:
- 10 job graphics for use as posters, on social media and TV displays; and
- pre-written text and social media posts, complete with hyperlinks to further information.
How to get a download of the Hot Jobs:
If you are from a school/college in the Careerpilot region (South of England) or subscribe to Careerpilot.
Each pack has 10 jobs. Pack 1-3 come in 3 sizes:
- Posters - these are high resolution (around 1MB each) to allow for printing up to A3. The zip file will be in the region of 10-15MB, so please make sure you are on a suitable computer and network before you download.
- Twitter - these are low resolution (around 200kb each), so ideal for Twitter, Facebook and email newsletters. The zip file will be in the region of 1-2MB.
- TV - these are HD TV dimensions (around 1MB each) for use on TV displays. Again, the zip file is large (10-15MB) so make sure you're on a suitable computer before you click on the link.
- You can also download pre-written text for each job for use on social media and in newsletters, including links to further information and hashtags.
How to download when you get sent the link:
- If you use Chrome - the zip files will automatically download to your Download folder.
- If you use Explorer - you will be given the option to Open, Save or Save As. Choose Save As and navigate to where you want to save them on your hard drive.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR SCHOOL MIGHT BLOCK DOWNLOADS. IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE THEM THEM PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com
What's in each pack:
This pack includes: Dental Technician, Early-years Teacher, Estate Agent, Make-up Artist, Marine Engineer, Paralegal, Paramedic, Sports Coach, Vet, and Web Developer.
This pack includes: Retail Buyer, Social Worker, Hospital Doctor, Biotechnologist, Physiotherapist, Fashion Designer, Digital Marketing Officer, Solicitor, Countryside Officer, and Animator.
This pack includes: Youth Worker, Nurse, Aerospace Engineer, Architect, Energy Engineer, Hotel Manager, Nutritionist, Forensic Computer Analyst, Computer Games Developer, and Play Therapist.
NEW Pack 4
This pack has been developed in partnership with Penryn College. They send out a 'job of the week' to their students and parents.
This pack includes: Automotive Engineer, Cartographer, Outdoor Activities Instructor, Quantity Surveyor, Music Therapist, Member of Parliament, Horticultural Manager, Architectural Technologist, Road Transport Manager